DAVID A. WOOD
David A. Wood is a Partner at Marshack Hays LLP. His practice areas include bankruptcy litigation, business and civil litigation, lender liability, and creditors’ rights.
Mr. Wood’s practice areas include Chapter 11 business reorganizations, representation of Chapter 11 debtors, official committee of unsecured creditors, secured creditors, Chapter 7 and 11 trustees, and related litigation. In 2017, Mr. Wood was selected as one of 40 young attorneys from across the nation to participate in the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges’ Next Generation Program. Mr. Wood is currently serving as the President of the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum and has been selected by his peers as a “Rising Star” in Super Lawyers Magazine in 2016 and 2017.
Mr. Wood earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Biola University in 2003, where he graduated magna cum laude. Thereafter, Mr. Wood was a senior associate at Alfred Gobar Associates, a firm specializing in developing econometric modeling systems to evaluate land development opportunities, and the existence of economic blight. He earned his law degree from Chapman University School of Law in 2010, where he graduated in the top 6% of his class.
Prior to joining Marshack Hays, Mr. Wood served a two-and-a-half year term as the judicial law clerk to the Honorable Erithe A. Smith of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Santa Ana Division. Mr. Wood also externed for Honorable Theodor C. Albert of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Santa Ana Division.
- State of California
- Biola University B.A. 2003 magna cum lade,
- Chapman University School of Law 2010
- Honorable Erithe A. Smith of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Santa Ana Division
- Honorable Theodor C. Albert of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Santa Ana Division
Speaking and Educational Activities
- Moderator, Mindfulness: Staying Happy and Healthy in the Practice of Law, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, January 2018
- Panelist, Debtors, look before you leap! Section 724 decoded; a primer for Chapter 7 Trustees and Attorneys, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum “Brown Bag,” June 2017
- Program Chair, The End of Brick and Mortar Retail as I Know it, and I Feel Fine? Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, April 2017
- Panelist: When a Pig Becomes a Hog. . . The perils of asset protection and exemption planning in Bankruptcy, The Peter M. Elliott Inn of Court, February 2016
- Program Chair: Successor Liability in Chapter 11, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, May 2016
- Panelist: Individual Chapter 11 Cases “Winning Strategies for Debtor and Creditor Counsel,” Orange County Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, May 2015
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2016