CHAD V. HAES
Chad V. Haes is a Partner at Marshack Hays LLP. Mr. Haes’ practice areas include bankruptcy litigation, business and civil litigation, lender liability, creditors’ rights, and appeals. He represents plaintiffs and defendants in complex civil litigation and creditors, debtors, trustees, and committees in the bankruptcy context. He has litigated numerous appeals before the California Appellate Court, United States District Court, United States Court of Appeals, and Bankruptcy Appellate Panel.
Mr. Haes is a California native who earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Azusa Pacific University in 2004 and his law degree from Southwestern Law School in 2008. Prior to joining Marshack Hays, Mr. Haes served a two-year term as the judicial law clerk to the Honorable Meredith A. Jury of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Riverside Division. Mr. Haes also externed for Honorable Samuel L. Bufford of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Los Angeles Division.
While in law school, Mr. Haes was a member of the Moot Court Honors Program and the recipient of the John J. Schumacher full-tuition scholarship, the Equal Justice America fellowship, the Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services and the CALI Excellence Award for Constitutional Law. Mr. Haes was selected as a finalist oralist in the Rendigs National Products Liability Moot Court Competition.
Mr. Haes has served as the Chair for the Orange County Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section. He is a member of the Orange County Bar Association, Hispanic Bar Association, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, and the American Bankruptcy Institute. Mr. Haes has been invited to participate as a speaker for several educational panels related to bankruptcy and appeals. He has been designated as Super Lawyer for 2021 and 2022.
- State of California
- Azusa Pacific University, B. A. 2004
- Southwestern Law School in 2008
- Honorable Meredith A. Jury of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Riverside Division.
- Honorable Samuel L. Bufford of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Los Angeles Division.
- Featured Speaker, Chapter 7 from a Trustee’s Perspective for Paralegals: Pitfalls and Mistakes of Filed Petitions and the Role of the Chapter 7 Trustee in Bankruptcy, Orange County Paralegal Association, May 2013
- Panelist, Bankruptcy: What Now? An Overview of Bankruptcy and How It Affects General Civil Litigation, Family Law, Criminal Law, and Trusts and Estates, Provisors, February 2018
- Producer, Discovery in Bankruptcy, CBF Annual Insolvency Conference, May 2018
- Panelist, Insiders: In or out? Discussion of “Statutory Insiders,” Nonstatutory Insiders,” and the Ninth Circuit Test set forth in In re Village at Lakeridge LLC, OCBF Brown Bag Program, May 2019
- Panelist, Should I Appeal? A Simple Roadmap to Bankruptcy Appeals, IEBF Dinner Program, June 2019
- Chair for the Orange County Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- Orange County Bar Association member
- Hispanic Bar Association member
- Orange County Bankruptcy Forum member
- American Bankruptcy Institute member
- Southern California James T. King Bankruptcy Inn of Court member
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2016
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2018
- Top 25 Up-And-Coming Attorneys in Orange County 2018
- Super Lawyer 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022